Thursday, January 27, 2011

For Today

OUTSIDE MY WINDOW ... the sun is shining bright and reflecting off the newly fallen blanket of snow. Although I am not a fan of driving in it, I think snow is wonderfully beautiful.

I AM THINKING ...that I need to make lists. Better lists. And act on them. To do lists, meal plans, grocery lists. Need to get better organized.

WE ARE LEARNING … how to make things fit in a smaller house. This means purging. A lot of purging. And you know what? It kinda feels good!

I AM THANKFUL FOR ... my son. I still look at him in amazement, full of pride and love. I can't imagine my life without him, even on the days he drives me nuts. Given that I was told children could never be for me, I will take the nutty days!

FROM THE KITCHEN ... it is a stew kind-of-day. I love my crockpot and often wonder what I would do without it - especially since I work full time.

I AM WEARING ... grey track pants and a warm sweater.

I AM GOING ... to be 37 on Sunday. The number isn't bothering me because a week or so ago my darling husband had me convinced that I was going to be 39! Isn't he a peach?

I AM READING ... The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I am just in the early stages of it, but have been warned by more than one person that this is a dark read and I should not read it before bed. Unfortunately, that is when I do my reading!!

I AM CREATING ... nada. My scrapbook room is still filled with boxes. We have just had too much on the go for me to be able to focus on that one very important room! It is driving me nuts!!

I AM HOPING ... that my elbow holds out until my surgery date. The screw is often protruding from my skin and now my hand is numb almost everyday. This cold weather does not help! I have a month to go and I just hope I can make it and not end up in the emergency room.

I AM HEARING ... the sounds - good and horribly bad - from the American Idol try-outs that I taped. I am pleasantly surprised with the new judges. Steven Tyler is hysterical and Jennie from the Block is not as bitchy as I had assumed. Now if they would just get rid of "The Dawg" I would be happy.

AROUND THE HOUSE ... is piles of laundry that seriously need to be tended to. Finally a clean kitchen, messy front doorway but things are coming together and I am loving our home. All in due time is what I keep telling myself.

ONE OF MY FAVOURITE THINGS ... my beloved tea. I could drink it all day. And I have. Which is why I sometimes have the shakes. Totally worth it.

A FEW PLANS FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK ... PA for Jonah on Friday, a birthday pedicure, tobagganing birthday party for Jonah, my birthday on Sunday - Mandarin for lunch! YUMMY!

A PICTURE TO SHARE...my Monster Jam boy, complete with a Grave Digger foam hat!

2 comments:

Momma@Live. Laugh. Pull your hair out said...

Love it! I wont show this to my boys because they wanted this hat and we refused to buy it knowing it would end up tossed to the side as soon as we got home!

Funny...I took a gazillion pictures when we were there....but none of my own kids.

Barb said...

Great picture... LOVE that hat! lol
And your elbow... poor you! Ouch!