Tuesday, August 26, 2008
I promise I will check back with pictures and fun stories......soon!
I am having so much fun!!!
Sunday, August 24, 2008
1. LAST MOVIE YOU SAW IN A THEATER: Space Chimps
2. BOOK ARE YOU READING? Blow Fly by Patricia Cornwell
3. FAVORITE BOARD GAME? Payday - anyone remember that one?
4. FAVORITE MAGAZINE? Scrapbooks Etc, People
5. FAVORITE SMELLS? Fresh baked goods, babies after a bath, Bon Jovi cologne!
6. FAVORITE FOODS? Steak and Baked potato - meat and potato girl here!
7. FAVORITE SOUND? Jonah laughing, thunderstorms, Bon Jovi singing, Bagpipes
8. WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD? Failure
9. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE UP? Why can't I sleep in??
10. FAVORITE FAST FOOD PLACE? Tim Horton’s or Wendys
11. FUTURE CHILD'S NAME? Not happening, but if it was a boy Devon, girl would be Raelyn or Caiden
12. FINISH THIS STATEMENT. "IF I HAD A LOT OF MONEY..."? I’d buy myself a Canon G9 camera!!!! LOL, ok, I would invest too and give to charity.
13. DO YOU DRIVE FAST? I do
14. DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL? I used to
15. STORMS-COOL OR SCARY? Friggin WAY cool.
16. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CAR? A Dodge Colt - until I totalled it.
17. FAVORITE DRINK? Tea - alcohol would be Malibu and Peach!
18. FINISH THIS STATEMENT, "IF I HAD THE TIME..." I would catch up on scrapbooking!
19. DO YOU EAT THE STEMS ON BROCCOLI? The broccoli could be lying on Jon Bon Jovi's bosy and I wouldnt touch that shit....so neither. LOL
20. IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY COLOR, WHAT WOULD BE YOUR CHOICE? Mocha!! But Sean would have a COW.
21. NAME ALL THE DIFFERENT CITIES/TOWNS YOU HAVE LIVED IN: Toronto, Peterborough, Pickering and Ajax
22. NAME ALL THE STATES/COUNTRIES YOU HAVE VISITED: Tennessee, Florida, Pennsylvania, New York, Cancun, Jamaica, Mexico, Bahamas......
23. GLASS - HALF EMPTY OR FULL? Half Full
24. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH? Soccer
25. ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU: I stole this from Lee, can't pick just one! She is awesome, sincere, tells it like it is, knows what being a friend really is, I just LOVE her!
26. WHAT IS UNDER YOUR BED? Beige nasty carpet
27. TOILET PAPER - OVER OR UNDER? Over
28. SEAT UP OR DOWN? Down
29. MORNING PERSON, OR NIGHT OWL? Morning
28. OVER EASY OR SUNNY SIDE UP? Neither. I dont do yolk - scrambled
29. FAVORITE PLACE TO RELAX? Scrapbook table or my recliner
30. FAVORITE PIE? Just one? Any EXCEPT Mincemeat - Lee, thats just gross. LOL
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Miss Olivia is a school friend of Jonah since they were wee ones. Olivia and her parents were in Canada for a work assignment and in the summer of 2006, it was time to go back home to England. Jonah was devastated, we were devastated. This is such a lovely family and we didn't want them to go. I can still remember saying goodbye at the Holiday Inn, hearing Jonah and Olivia cry out each others names. They were 3 years old at the time.
Many people say, chidren forget anything before the age of 4. I have never believed that. Jonah remembers EVERYTHING - even about Olivia, without prodding. He misses his dear friend who he says he will marry some day.
We have been counting down the days until Olivia arrives for a visit. It's this saturday!!! Its been 2 years! Her family is going to a wedding, so we are thrilled to be watching her for the day - more so watching the 2 kids together. Jonah has planned the day - he wants to take Olivia to the restaurant we frequent to order her Mickey Mouse Pancakes, then to the zoo so they can touch the stingrays together, picnic lunch at the zoo, the water park at the zoo and then out for dinner. It is a full day and we can't wait!
Jonah also wants to take Olivia to BuildABear. He wants to make a "Jonah" bear and Olivia make an "Olivia" bear - then they switch. This way "Jonah" is always with Olivia in England and "Olivia" is always with Jonah in Canada. Yes, I know my hydro bill is cheaper than a BuildABear experience, but this thought brings a tear to my eye - how could we NOT do that??
Jonah asked this morning, how much longer?? I told him 2 more sleeps. He said he wished that he could sleep thru friday so Saturday would get here faster. SO SWEET!!!!
We'll see you in 2 more sleeps Miss Olivia!!!
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Yesterday Sean and I were having a discussion and my birthday came up. It is not until January, but it occurred to me that I will be 35. It is by no means "old" but for whatever reason, it kinda bugged me. All day I was trying to understand why it bugged me. I mean, I have always had the mentality that you are only as old as you feel and I feel pretty young still. Then it kicked in.....my weight. The major thing that ALWAYS gets me down. I know that I am over-weight and I am working on it, but admittedly, it is a slow process. I weigh 55 pounds more than I did on my wedding day. That really bugs me. I know Sean loves me regardless and yes, I had a child, but I would still like to get back that sexy factor I feel is missing.
So I have given myself a new challenge called 35 by 35. I will lose 35 pounds by the time I turn 35. That gives me 5 months. Definately going to be a very hard challenge for me. I love my treats and I am a carb fanatic!
Anyone want to join me?? LOL.
Wish me luck! I will need it!
Monday, August 18, 2008
He is 5..... The little things......hang on to them, all of them.
Friday, August 15, 2008
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
It would just figure.....the first soccer game I miss and Jonah scores his first goal! All because of my damn toe!
I am so sad that I missed it. He was so proud of himself. You see, Jonah is not the fastest runner, not the most talented on the team, and often, he is not the best listener when it comes to the coach giving instruction. But he seems to love soccer and always wants to play. And he really does try hard to run with the other boys. So the fact that the best player on the team passed it to him and he scored must have been the best feeling for him!! AND I MISSED IT!!!!
I am so proud of my boy. Go Blue Crush!
Yesterday I was hurried getting Jonah ready and myself ready for my morning exercise with Sarah. As I came downstairs, my foot hit the couch peg. It went in between my fourth and pinky toe.
I thought I broke it because it was....not a part of my foot anymore! LOL. I had many colourful words that I NEEDED to say, but Jonah was there. Sean had a look at it and since I could wiggle it, he thought maybe it was "just dislocated".....like it is supposed to hurt less?? LOL. So Sean tried to pop it back in. We heard the pop, but DAMN did it hurt! I was crying and biting on the pillow.
As the day went on, my whole foot swelled out and walking was painful.
This morning, I am very tired. Everytime I moved last night, my foot hurt. Today it looks bruised and is swollen.
So off to the doctor I go today and hopefully, the toe pain subsides. This tiny body part causing a bigger pain in another body part......my ASS!!!!
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
So here we go...
What is his name? Sean or Daddy
How long did you date? We met in May of 1994, engaged in November 1995 and then married in June 1997 so 3 years "dating".