Thursday, February 18, 2010
Monday, February 15, 2010
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Barb and I became cyber friends because.....well......I was stalking her. LOL. I participated in the last LOAD challenge and I was admiring her work in the gallery. I sent her an email telling her how much I love her work and how inspiring she was for me. From that exchange, we became friends!
The pictures I sent Barb were from Halloween 2009. I always take pumpkin carving photos, but my layouts were always looking the same and I was saying the same thing in the journalling. It is so nice to have a new take on the pictures!
Thanks again Barb! I really do love the layout!
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Jonah's class had a valentine party on thursday and he came home with a bunch of valentines - about 20. Very cute, I have to say.
I am wondering what to do with them!! I don't want to throw them out.
Has anyone scrapped theirs? I would love to see what you have done.
If you have any ideas for me or pics of your layouts, please send them to me ohara.c at rogers.com.
Thanks for the inspirations!
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
I am thankful for... stretchy pants. I don't think I need to elaborate.
I am going... back to work on February 22nd. I am sure I will be ready by then.
I am hoping... that this new bed works out for Jonah. He deserves to be in his own bed. Not my hand me down.
I am hearing... The Golden Girls. Yes, I love this show.
Around the house... we are noticing the things that need to be changed.
One of my favourite things... When Jonah comes home from school and says "Hello my sweet mommy. I am home!"
Thursday, February 4, 2010
I thought I would try to make an altered project since I could have all the things I needed on the table for me. When doing layouts there is a lot more looking, bending, etc.
Last year, I went to Lee's beach house in Cape Cod and we made a stop at the best scrapbook store I have seen in a long time (Mental note to self - need to ask Lee the name of the shop).
While at Lee's, the gals helped me make my first altered clipboard. I ended up buying some chipboard albums to alter since I liked it so much! Problem is, I bought it and it sat in my drawer.
The timing was perfect for me to get this complete. Here is what I did:
I pulled out the album and the the papers it came with. I looked for some bellies to match and pulled out my folkart paint that I have neglected.
First I painted the album - I used black to match the coordinating papers and bellies.
I added my stamped images and bellies.
Here is an inside look at the album after I added the binder rings.
TADA!! All I need to add is the pictures!
It felt so great to be at my table. I have some other projects that have been started and this is a perfect time to get them completed. In small steps of course.
Let me know what you think!
Yep....that's how bored I am.
My 8 things are what can be done when you are bored beyond belief.
- You can peel off your acrylic nails by sliding a piece of plastic between the fake nail and real nail. I have peeled all but four in the past week.
- You can begin to have a hatred for the axe weilding turtle creature thing on Mario Galaxy that is preventing you from getting to the next level!!
- You can fall asleep while reading, regardless of how interesting the book is and then have the joy of waking up with the imprint of the edge of the book in your face and the page you were reading dribbled with drool. Good times.
- You can count the change in your change jar and then think of all the different ways you could spend the $206.85 that you have stashed in that jar.
- You can watch so much retro tv that you get to the point that you are wondering what Jack, Janet, Terry and Larry are planning to do today or you start relating to Blanche, Rose, Dorothy and Sophia.
- You can invent a new word. Mine is Frigtastic!
- You can become the greatest farmer or chef thru Farmville and Cafe World on Facebook.
- You can blink your eyes wildly for a minute and then close your eyes tightly. Voila, you have your own personal light show!
I hope your Thursday is not a boring one!
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Monday, February 1, 2010
Outside My Window... there are two squirrels either fighting or having some nookie nookie. I can't really tell. I will watch for one of them to light up a cigarette ;)
I am thinking... of how nice it will be to get moving again and back in the working game. I am so bored lying down all the time!
I am thankful for... the many reminders I have to not sweat the small stuff.
From the kitchen... I am defrosting some chili I had prepared ahead of time. Yum!
I am wearing... my grey yoga suit. Very comfy.
I am creating... FINALLY!! I actually sat at my table and altered a mini album for Jonah! YAY ME!!
I am going... to keep creating as much as I can.
I am reading... Pieces of my Sisters Life. I just started it so I can't really comment yet!
I am hoping... that Jonah is not coming down with something.
I am hearing... the tv in the background - Breakfast Television.
Around the house... definately need to get some laundry done. But I am not allowed! Hee hee.
One of my favourite things... being a witness to true, unconditional love.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... Nothing exciting, just resting and maybe some more crafting!!
Here is a picture to share... Me on my birthday with my Princess Peach cake made by Rhonda! And yes, I am aware she wears a pink dress but Rhonda made it peach since I DON'T LIKE PINK!
If you would like to participate in The Simple Womans Daybook you can visit the blog HERE