Friday, August 20, 2010
Vote for CHERUBS at http://www.facebook.com/apxalarm, the charity with the most votes on August 23rd 2010 will receive a $100,000 donation from APX Alarm!
If you are not on facebook, please visit: APX Alarm Gives Backhttp://www.apxgivesback.com/
CHERUBS - The Association of Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Research, Awareness and Support
Diaphragmatic Hernia sounds simple, but with unborn children and especially when this concerns a hole in the diaphragm, it allows abdominal organs to squeeze through into the chest cavity. It can be operated on in utero or immediately after birth. Most often the harshest side effect is resiratory failure from stressed lung or heart. Even more dangerous is the liver, spleen, or kidneys leaking toxins into the vital organs. This leads to serious life-long diseases, of the 50 percent who survive birth. For more info:http://www.cherubs-cdh.org/
This will not take long at all, a few simple clicks can go a long way. Please help make a difference! Time is running out.
I appreciate everyone voting.
Love to all!
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Monday, August 16, 2010
Recipe for a great life:
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Talk to God about what is going on in your life. Buy a lock for the door if you have to.
3. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, 'I am thankful for______________'.
4. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants. 5. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli , almonds & walnuts.
6. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
7. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
8. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
9. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
10. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
11. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
12. You are not so important that you have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
13. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
14. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
15. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
16. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will this matter?'
17. Forgive everyone for everything.
18. What other people think of you is none of your business.
19. GOD heals everything - but you have to ask Him.
20. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
21. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch!!!
22. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
23. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for__________.
24. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
25. When you are feeling down, start listing your many blessings. You'll be smiling before you know it.
A great reminder :)
Have a great day friends!
Friday, August 6, 2010
Thursday, August 5, 2010
This has to be one of my all time best purchases for the Wii!!
It is called Just Dance. You have to copy the dancer on the screen. No mat is used, just the remote.
The fabulous dancers in this feature are my mom Sharon, my sister's boyfriend Ian and my 14 year old nephew James.
Oh, the person laughing hysterically.....that would be me.
And this is my Bubbaloo Jonah giving it a go:
So many things have happened in the past few months! A few bad apples, but also a lot of good ripeness! I haven't kept you up to date on my weight loss (down 7.5 pounds and 6 inches), my church had a fantastic turn-out for the March of Plenty, my sister bravely ran a 5K to embrace turning 40, I changed jobs, good medical results, SOOOO much to tell!!
The biggest challenge I haven't blogged about is that we are selling our house! At least we are trying. What a frustrating, emotionally draining, pain in the arse task this is! This is the main reason I haven't been blogging, all the preperation, constantly cleaning, people coming thru the house, I just didn't have time to sit and blog about it. I will fill you in on this adventure in another post. There is so much to tell!
I appreciate all the emails and encouragement to get back to blogging :) I have missed you.
I promise to be back.
I hope everyone is enjoying their summer! Can you believe it is August already??