Thursday, July 31, 2008

Proud Momma moment

Jonah has been staying at a new babysitter this month. He is having an awesome time and really enjoying himself.

A couple of years ago, Jonah took a tumble in Lake Ontario off a jetski (yes, he had a life jacket on) and after that, fear of water kicked in. We tried taking him to pools and he would freak out. I do not DO freaking out in pools. I hate it. Last year, we finally got him in Uncle Marks pool with a life jacket. He was having so much fun, that he ventured to water wings only. No way was he removing the water wings! Thru the winter, he went a few times but looking back we should have gone more.

So back to new babysitter, Michelle. Michelle has a pool. I thought, PERFECT, he can get back to using his water wings to get his confidence back in the water.

Well - here we are 3 weeks later and look at my little man.....NO WATER WINGS!!!

I am so proud! And in typical Jonah fashion.....he had to splash the camera.

2 comments:

Cyn M said...

Way to go Jonah!!! :)

Sherry said...

Yea! Good for him. =] My DD age 2 is terrified of the water. She will sit on the first step and that is it. I hope to see her as confident as your Jonah one day soon. He's a cutie. =]