Friday, September 25, 2009

Draw Winner!

When I first thought about doing the draw to raise some cash for my friend Alison, I was only expecting a few of my scrapbook friends to be participate - hence the Blacks Photo Card. But then I posted here on my blog and on my facebook profile. The response was touching.

I received a lovely email from a fellow in Ireland, who I do not know and who does not know me, Alison or Kevin. He is a regular reader of my blog and wanted to help.

I received another email from a lady in the UK who came across my blog from another blogger. She sent a donation just because - didn't want the ticket.

I went to a scrapbook retreat with a group of wonderful ladies. They just forked out money for the retreat, but did not hesitate to help me out.

I ordered some scrapbook supplies thru my CM consultant. Instead of asking for payment, she told me to put the money in the pot.

Even my Jonah took $10 out of his piggy bank to help "the pretty girl at that place with the big yard!"

With all the donations, together we raised $178.45!! I am thrilled!! I am going to top up the deposit to make it an even $200.

Thank you to everyone who helped me help a friend.


And now for the winner of the draw!! Thanks to Random.Org, the winner is........

Lorna Mckenzie!!

I will contact you about your prize.

Thanks again everyone!!
much love
char

2 comments:

Momma@Live. Laugh. Pull your hair out said...

Youre a CM buyer?? OMG I am absolutely addicted!

You did a great thing for a great girl!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Char...
I just read this blog and saw how much money you raised. OMG Thank you everyone for caring so much. The money is important at this time but please know that the most important is the way all of you have reached out for someone you may not even know but appreciate her suffering. The money will be gone but the remembrance of such thoughtful individuals will live on in our hearts forever..... Thank you! Take Care each and every one. Love Alison's Mom Elaine.