Monday, October 6, 2008

I Finally Caved In


Yep, I did it. I finally caved in. Flicked the switch, I did. It happened yesterday. I've learned to accept that......I TURNED THE FURNANCE ON!!! ARGH!
It has always been a rule in my house - which I got from my parents - that the furnace did not go on until mid October. If you were cold, get a sweater, get a blanket, get some slippers!
But Sunday it was CHILLY! Now, for those that know my husband Sean - who has zero % body fat and is 140 pounds soaking wet - he is ALWAYS cold. Jonah is so temperature resilient, he couldn't care less if it was 40 degrees above or below! But this felt like it was in our bones.
So I sucked it up.....walked over to the thermostat.....flicked it on.......walked away - flipping it off of course!
Keep warm!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

You are so funny! I flicked ours on yesterday,too. Then off again after DH said he liked it a bit chilly. LOL No flipping here yet. :)

Lee said...

NO! Really? Oh my, you'll have to head out our way, still have the air conditioning on ;)

Jayne said...

No heat here yet - I hate turning it on that first time - it is always a sign of a long winter to come!