Thursday, December 31, 2009

8 Things: The Good of 2009


Join 8-Things


As many of you know, 2009 sucked LARGE for me! Broken elbow, kidney stones, car accident, unemployment, deaths, in law issues, being UN-invited to a funeral, more medical issues, blah, blah, blah......
I thought it would be nice to find 8 things that were POSITIVE.
Without question, I can come up with the obvious ones - my family, my friends, my faith, etc. I wanted to come up with specific items. Sadly, I had trouble!! Well....at first.
I was on the phone with my best gal Sandra and we made a partial list together, Sean helped with some as well :) Once I started my list, I realized I had many things :)

In no particular order......
  1. Proud to have been a special part of Mark and Sandra's beautiful wedding day!!
  2. Enjoying a many hour car ride with my wonderful friend Lee to her home in Cape Cod.
  3. Having the opportunity to meet friends in REAL LIFE!! Amazing how you can be friends with someone online for quite awhile and then finally meeting them in person. Proof that friendship does not have to be next door.
  4. Jonah learning to ride his bike without training wheels!
  5. Seeing Jonah's face when he got to climb thru the roof of a "real-life" racecar!
  6. Enjoying an amazing family weekend at Great Wolf Lodge.
  7. Sean finally getting closure on the abusive childhood he experienced.
  8. Seeing first hand what true friendship is about.
Do you participate in 8 Things? Would you like to? Head on over to Magpie Girls Blog > *8 Things.

2 comments: