Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The 35 Bang?

Did you hear a big bang? Hmmm, neither did I. That is so weird. I wonder why. I mean....I DID turn 35......wasn't there supposed to be a big bang??


35 came and really, it was no big deal. Nothing has changed, I am still Char. Take me or leave me! LOL


The celebrations for my birthday were a bit more subdued than planned. My uncle Ken passed away the night before my birthday and although I had many, many emails, messages and phone calls from people to give me a smile, it was still a somber day. My mom called me in the morning to wish her "baby" a happy birthday and we ended up in tears! Uncle Ken would have wanted us to celebrate so we still had my parents and my sister and her boyfriend come over for some pizza, ice cream cake and a few rounds on the wii.


I received some BEAUTIFUL gifts! My girlfriend Colleen came over in the morning to clean my house and told me the cleaning was on her! And I was to use the money to buy myself something from Michaels! So I got a new Fiskars punch (Diamond) and an 8x8 album to do the month of me challenge in. Sean and Jonah gave me some scrapbook paper, rub-ons, card foils and a gift card to Michaels. Any suggestions on what to use the card for?? LOL


My parents just came back from a cruise and they, along with my sister Dawn and her boyfriend Ian, got me a pair of Mystic Topaz earrings. They are beautiful!

Here are some pictures from the day.
OK - I have tried in vain to post a slideshow but it does not want to cooperate. So if you would like to see the pics, click on this link!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Those earrings are beautiful!! I am so sorry again about your loss. I am sure he would be happy you celebrated your day. HUGS!