Thursday, September 18, 2008

One More Sleep....where's my excitement??

A couple of weekends a year, I go away with a bunch of ladies for a scrapbooking retreat. It is held at a Bed & Breakfast in Norwood just outside Peterborough. A few of us are regulars, some are sporadic. But it is always a fun time.
I always get very excited to scrapbook - especially when it is for a full weekend with no chores, no work, no phone! But this time, I am not as excited.....I still can't wait, but it is not my normal excitement. Usually I am sending the ladies emails with sleep countdowns.....34 sleeps to go! 26 sleeps to go! 13 sleeps to go! I am sure it drives them nuts. But this time......nope. It is one more sleep, and I still haven't sent a countdown email. I haven't even packed. Last night I was scrambling to get photos developed. I am just not prepared.

Could be that this retreat is different in that I am going up alone. Traditionally, I ride with another scrapper, we stop at stores, get some food, catch up on life. But this time, they are unable to go up on the friday morning. None of the other ladies can get up there early either. So I am going up, by myself and will be alone until about 7pm.

I know a lot of people would say "Enjoy it!", but I know that I am going to be dealing with a lot of thoughts that have been swirling in my head - and I have no one to bounce it off of. I know I can distract myself by getting a lot done or I can head into Peterborough to wander around. I used to live in Peterborough and I love it there!

I also think that with some of the things that have been going on, it has just sucked up my excitement like a Hoover. I don't feel the excitement from the other gals either. They have a lot going on as well, so I am sure that doesnt help.


So hopefully, by end of today, I will be able to shake these blahs and find that scrapbook excitement! I hopped over to a scrap board I frequent - www.feelingscrappy.com - and I looked at this months challenges. It has certainly helped move out some of those blahs. If you are a scrapper and haven't checked out this board, you must! These ladies here are wonderful and very talented. They always brighten my day.


Shake, Shake, Shake........ok, I am shaking it off.....I am going to have a great time (I always do!), My wonderful hubby made me a great cd for the drive (he rocks!), I will figure out these thoughts in my head (I know the girls will be supportive), and I will get some wonderful pages done (thanks to learning new techniques from FeelingScrappy). It will be fantastic!


ONE MORE SLEEP!!!! HUGE W00TAGE!!!!

2 comments:

Jayne said...

{{{hug}}} I am sure once you get there you will have a great time CHar! Wish I was there to drive with you - I would love to stop and shop and have lunch on the way :)

Cyn M said...

SNAP OUT OF IT CHAR!!!

Coming from the chick who lost her MOJO - you have GOT to get your groove on!!!!
Go for it! Enjoy the time on your own with no boys, no laundry, no housework, no phone! HAVE FUN!!
Can't wait to see what you do!!!

Love ya!
MWAH!!!
Cyn