Thursday, May 7, 2009

Sharing Beauty

This is a layout I created the night before I broke my elbow. Ironically, I took this photo a day after I fractured my foot!
I had received a wonderful gift - a Canon G9 - from my friends Mark and Sandra. I was testing out the settings when I took this picture of my beautiful friend Colleen.

I had printed off a copy for her to keep. We had been talking about gifts that have a personal touch and joked about how the picture would mean more if I gave it as a layout. So that's what I did!

The title came to me right away. The day was full of beauty, the sparkle on the water showed the beauty of sun dancing on water, Colleen's walk showed her beauty, Colleen herself exudes beauty.

Colleen is one of the most caring people I have met. She came over to my house last week and cleaned it top to bottom, prepared a dinner casserole so Sean and I didn't have to worry about cooking, made me a cd with worship songs including her hubby singing! and she made me a homemade card with sweet words from her heart. I was so touched by her act of kindness. I am blessed to have her in my life.


1 comment:

Jayne said...

Beautiful layout and sounds like a wonderful friend!