Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My Word for 2009

Many of my blogging/scrapbooking friends are coming up with their word for 2009. I believe it started as a challenge on Ali Edwards's blog.

I have had this discussion with my friends on numerous occasions. My first thought about it was during a chat with Lee on MSN. When she asked me about it, I thought my word would be CHANGE. In fact, when we talked about it again in December I said the same word - CHANGE.

But then I started REALLY thinking about it.....yes I want to change many things - I want to change my image of myself, in particular my weight, I want to continue the change in my scrapping, I want to change the atmosphere around here - meaning no more negative energies in my life, make a change in my career goals - change, change, change.


But then I thought my word needed to be more. What was I planning to change? My life! So my word became LIFE. But that was already reflective of my "slogan" - Live Well, Laugh often, Love Much. That will never change.


There are so many words around us and until Lee asked me about it, I didn't realize just how much they mean.


My husband Sean has words tattooed on his body. He has our family slogan on his stomach and he has the word Truth on one arm and Faith on the other. And he does his best to live by them. To be truthful in everything you do and to have faith in yourself and others, that it can be done.


I also have words tattooed on me - Faith, Hope, Charity - on my right foot. Because I believe that you should always walk in faith, with hope, to charity.


So what is my word? What do I need to do to make sure I accomplish these beliefs? What is the goal? There was one word that was constant in my mind.


STRIVE!!!
I am very happy with my word for 2009! I am going to strive to succeed in all my hopes, my dreams, my life!
Do you have a word for 2009? I would love to hear it! Please share in the comments!
I wish you all a fantastic 2009!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Oh! Great word Char. Mine is FOCUS. I felt like I was all over the place with everything and not doing anything to it's fullest potential. I want to FOCUS on doing things well! Happy 2009!

Shannon... said...

Love both STRIVE and FOCUS. I never thought of picking just one word, but perhaps the word ENDEAVOR.