Monday, January 25, 2010

For Today....January 25th

Outside My Window... It is rainy, grey and dreary. Weather like this really makes the elbow ache! Definately does not feel like winter, could spring be around the corner?

I am thinking... that there are so many things that we take for granted and it is not until we lose the ability or someone close to us that we realize it. Unfortunate.

I am thankful for... my husband and son, who have helped me out so much the past two weeks while I recover from my surgery. They have both shown such dedication, support and selflessness that I will always appreciate it. They have made the past weeks easier.

From the kitchen... Tonight is leftovers. I have some pretty amazing friends who have been bringing over meals to help us out. My fridge is full! Tonight is Italian Casserole.

I am wearing... My new black and white yoga suit my mom and dad bought me to be comfortable in. It really does feel comfortable!!

I am creating... a lot of things in my head, now to just get them to my scrap table! I have an idea that I have been toying with to make for a friend who has just lost her Mama to cancer. I think it will be healing for her. I also need to get caught up on some classes I have enrolled in.

I am going... to continue to get well, in all aspects - body, mind and spirit. It has proven to be more challenging than I thought it would be. But I am going to stick to my plan and not falter.

I am reading... more these days. I have been clearing out my blog reader and I just finished Letter to my Daughter. It was ok. Starting a new book tonight.

I am hoping... that I can find the right words to comfort my friend and that I can get creating on a gift for her.

I am hearing... The rain hit the windows. I love that sound, but it makes me sleepy!

Around the house... I am surrounded by cards and beautiful flower arrangements that have been sent to me. They make me smile each and everytime I look at them.

One of my favourite things... lately it has been Fresca. I just can't get enough of it! Which is bad, I know but just tastes refreshing!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... Tricia is joining me to watch a movie today. Tomorrow and wednesday I will be supporting my friend Sandra as she says her final goodbye to her mama at the funeral. Wednesday I also have my appt with the surgeon to check how everything is going. Fingers crossed for good results. Saturday is my birthday, I will be 36 and the family is coming over for dinner and birthday cake! Other than that, it will be continuing to take it easy and heal.

Here is a picture I thought I would share... this was taken at Great Wolf Lodge at the beginning of the month. I love his smile!

No comments: