Sunday, January 24, 2010

One

I saw this on my brilliant friend Barb's Blog and loved it. So I cased it ;)

one hour ago: I was having a cuddle with Jonah on the couch.
one day ago: I was comforting my best friend Sandra as best I could as she prepared to say goodbye to her mother.
one week ago: I was 4 days post surgery and having some difficulty getting adjusted.
one month ago: I was cooking up a storm for Christmas dinner with my family! And we were sick!
one year ago: I was reeling from a phone call that Uncle Ken is ready for his trip up to heaven. I was (and still am) broken about it.
one decade ago: I was excited to be turning 26. Felt like it was a new chaper in my life.
--------
one hour from now: I will be attempting to shower on my own. Amazing the abilities you take for granted.
one day from now: I will continue to be the shoulder my friend needs.
one week from now: I will be a lot better and will have the positive results from surgery.
one month from now: I will have a 7 year old. OMG. I could puke right now. Seems like yesterday.
one year from now: I will be stronger, healthier and WELL.
one decade from now: I will have a teenage son, who will be old enough to drive. I think I just felt a grey hair protrude. And I gagged re reading the line.


3 comments:

shirley said...

What great perspective. I'll have to try that "one".

Stacey said...

This was really neat - to look at your life in a glance. I am so copying this for my blog! :)

Barb said...

I love that you loved my post. :)
I loved reading about your "ones"... take care of yourself post-op, okay?
And yes, I had the same reaction when I wrote the "one decade" bit of my post. *sigh*